Opions on Scott Kelby's Lighting Book

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
nikoboivin
Regular MemberPosts: 149Gear list
Like?
Re: Opions on Scott Kelby's Lighting Book
In reply to bravozulu, Apr 27, 2012

If you're talking about rhe "light it, shoot it, retouch it" book, your best bet is to buy it on amazon.com for 24.54$ (instead of nearly 50$)

I received the book for Christmas but would have bought it if I hadn't. It's really all about getting "the look". For each scene, you see the final image, and the complete recipe to get there. It workd both with studio strobes and speedlights. It was what I was looking for and I enjoy it a lot.

But kelbytraining.com is a lot more bang for your bucks if you use it. There are 50 1 day test drives offered each day in a first come, first served way. If you want to learn how to shoot, this is the best ressource I've found so far. And your best bet on studio lighting on the site will definitely be Scott Kelby, Joe Mc Nally and Frank Doorhof.

Finally, if you own an ipad, there are 2 good and not too pricey alternatives. The first one is a free kelbytraining called "light recipes" where it's pretty much that. The other is an ipad only magazine called light it that runs for about 3-4$ per issue and where it's all about lighting from the kelbytraining instructors.

Now, just for the record, I don't work for Kelby Media Group and have no affiliation with them. I'm just a customer that is really pleased with the services they offer and for having tried a lot of training methods, I find that Scott Kelby is a terrific instructor that usually gets right on the spot when it comes to teaching a subject.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow