Pick up 5n tomorrow or wait for nex F-3

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,352Gear list
Like?
Re: Pick up 5n tomorrow or wait for nex F-3
In reply to JohnR nuwb, Apr 27, 2012

Though a bit off topic, I do wish Sony would take as much interest in releasing new lenses as they do new bodies...sigh...

I'm wondering if the number of NEX bodies will exceed the E-mounts lenses for all of them...

JohnR nuwb wrote:

I'm in the same position re the Nex 7, I have delayed my purchase for the last 2 months.

I'm not yet sure about Sony and how they feel about the Nex as a camera system. They keep on bringing out new cameras like they were P&S cameras but not many good lenses, and some of those have bad quality control.

The Nex 7 has several problems with the software that people have asked to be fixed. Sony have now had 3 or 4 upgrages to the A77 but have not bothered to do any upgrades for the Nex 7.

Do they want to keep it with problems expecting we will all wish to upgrade to the 7N when they bring it out?

At the moment I don't NEED to spend £1000 on a camera plus the 18200 and the Sigma 30 and the 50f18 to get a system. When will Sony show a proper lens roadmap specifying zoom range, and/or prime length and f stop. They seem to have delayed the G class zoom by a year

Now that Olympus are selling a camera that is better in some ways than the 7 I will continue to hang onto my money as see if Sony ups their game.

-- hide signature --

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow