Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jimwix
Regular MemberPosts: 486
Like?
Is the X100 for me?
Apr 27, 2012

A couple of years ago I got myself a Panasonic LX3 which inspired an interest is taking photos, I got the bug and later I also got a Nikon D90.

Now I still like that little LX3 for its pocketability but haven fallen for the ergonomics of the SLR now find the LX3 just too small, a step too far in compromise.

Having heard such good things about this x100 I went to have a look at one and it certainly felt right in the hand, which is really the main thing for me (after good reviews) and, I think, is just about small enough to carry everywhere.

Now I’m trying to find a collection of shots from the x100 to ‘knock my socks off’ and actually show me what it does best, flickr camera explorer is usually a great place to find out what a camera is capable of but for some reason it doesn’t work for the x100.
Can anyone point me somewhere to see ‘the best’ of the x100’s output?

Here’s a collection of my LX3 shots which gives an idea of the sort of shots I find myself taking, I’m hoping the x100 covers and betters in this field; http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimwicks/sets/72157629910272745/show/

Thanks for your thoughts,
Jim.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow