Are the retailers with less than MSRP prices just clearing out Pentax stock?

Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Brentliris
Senior MemberPosts: 2,992Gear list
Like?
Re: Are the retailers with less than MSRP prices just clearing out Pentax stock?
In reply to NotSteve, Apr 27, 2012

NotSteve wrote:

Hi Brent. FYI, prodigital2000 is an authorized Pentax dealer. They are based in Stratford, Ontario, Canada. Price increases don't seem to have come to Canada yet... That being said, I note you are in Denmark, so relatively speaking, perhaps that makes it grey market from a warranty perspective? I can say that because I am in Canada and bought from prodigital vs BH, I have a standard 2-yr warranty from Pentax Canada, vs Pentax Canada honouring just one year if I bought from the U.S. I don't think this is exactly grey market. I think in these times of overseas internet sales, free trade, etc., the definition of grey market may need to be reconsidered, if I haven't misunderstood you.

Brentliris wrote:

I would not worry about it! I bought the DA 100 WR from Pro digital 2000 they sell a ton of Pentax stuff. The lens came with a 7 year mac warranty, now almost two years on I'm better protected than if I had bought from an Authorized dealer.

Grey market has been carefully explained on a recent thread here on the forum.

B+H has some info on grey market gear.

I hope this helps.

Brent

Thanks for clearing it up! I'm a little unclear as to the warranty deal here, but I believe that Pentax has a one year international warranty, In Canada, and in the EU we have 2 year warranties, it follows then, that if I buy a lens from Canada and it breaks after 12 months I'll have to send it to Canada to get it fixed. Strangely this would not cost me much more than if I had to send it to France to get it fixed there. What I do avoid by buying in the EU is having to explain to Danish Customs that yes this is a warranty repair, and not just a new item.

-- hide signature --

Reflections, understandings, discoveries and intimations..

-- hide signature --

Reflections, understandings, discoveries and intimations..

Brentliris's gear list:Brentliris's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K200D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow