Txs God I didn't buy a NIKON!

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
TimelordXYZ
Regular MemberPosts: 398Gear list
Like?
Re: Txs God I didn't buy a NIKON!
In reply to aaanouel, Apr 27, 2012

aaanouel wrote:

It had happened to me a year ago, when I fell in love with Nikon P-500 . Fortunately I realized that it was just a hook for silly wealthy consumers, not even good for photo amateurs. Without entering in tech details, its advertising info and specs were incomplete and misleading, and not even a single image of the Master Piece Add Video was made with a P500: Of course!: P500 couldn't do any of the showed features in a flawless way. Marketing Ethics? well, thanks!. That was my first Nikon consumer product disappointment.

NOW, for complementing my photo gear, I'm looking for a bigger sized sensor camera for better resolution and IQ, something like a NEX-7, but cheaper.

So in my search I got to the new NIKON D3200   and at first sight it seemed to be "Just Splendid" : 24Mp, 23.2 x 15.4 mm CMOS sensor, a beautiful design for just $700, great!... but digging a little more about it, it just happened to me again:

Fixed LCD. Reprobated!
MonoMicrophone. Reprobated! (StereoMic: Optional add-on).
GPS: NA. Reprobated! (Optional add-on).

So I didn't want to know anymore about how many other lacks it has and discarded it automatically: Just the same Nikon consumer product disappointment.

Thanks God I purchased a Sony HX100V, not a Nikon.

-- hide signature --

aaanouel

Truth is a pathless land.
The dead past darkens the ever living present.

Corrections and critics are more than very welcome, desirables.

You have traded Image Quality for Versatility.

The Nikon D3200 has an APS-C sized sensor inside which is vastly superior (in pure image quality) to the tiny sensor in a P&S like the HX100V.

However, the HX100V is much more versatile from a functionality viewpoint - eg. the extended zoom of 810mm would be difficult to match in a lens for a camera with an APS-C sized sensor (size and cost would be prohibitive). This is in addition to the other advantages you have listed.

Horses for courses, as they say!!!

TimelordXYZ's gear list:TimelordXYZ's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N A3000 Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow