Panasonic Lumix GF3 Shutter Lag

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
rezaf_2000
Regular MemberPosts: 335
Like?
Re: Panasonic Lumix GF3 Shutter Lag
In reply to Lsimon, Apr 27, 2012

Lsimon wrote:

I'm still trying to decide if I should buy a GF3 which seem to be at close out type prices, at least on eBay, or hold out for the GF5. I figure the GF5 will probably cost about $150 to $200 more if I wait for it's initial discounting below list price.

The GF3 prices have hit so low that I couldn't resist, just bought a new one on eBay with the 14mm f/2.5 lens for $340! We'll see how it goes.

My intention is for it to perhaps replace my Canon S90 as my pocket camera. Of course S90 is still much thinner. But I find the pictures with the S90 to lack a certain ... vibrance. So much that I have stopped carrying it around (even though it's not a bother to carry it), knowing that I probably won't like the pictures it takes enough.

I usually don't like the WB of my G1 with its magenta color cast (and I don't really like shooting RAW), but I've heard GF3 does much better. I still expect to get better colors from my E-P1, but as a handy camera it might work out fine. We'll see if I end up liking it or not, but at that price point the camera body was cheaper than a lowly P&S.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow