Notice for users of the EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery - Recall

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Londongal
Senior MemberPosts: 1,854
Like?
Re: Notice for users of the EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery - Recall
In reply to thomas2279f, Apr 27, 2012

thomas2279f wrote:

Voluntary recall of EN-ELi5 batteries by Nikon - Voluntary return received email from Nikon as follows:-

"While Nikon takes great measures to assure high quality products, it has come to our attention that a certain number of EN-EL15 batteries manufactured by one of our suppliers did not meet Nikon's internal quality standards. In extremely rare cases, this may cause the battery to overheat and the exterior casing to become deformed. Batteries exhibiting this problem have only been confirmed in the Nikon manufacturing process. We have received no reports of this problem from the market. Therefore, in order to ensure the safety of our customers and their equipment, we have initiated a voluntary replacement scheme for applicable products."

If the 9th digit of the EN-EL15 battery lot number is E or F then the battery needs to be replaced as it may be affected by this issue

More Information:-

https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52326

Thanks to the OP for posting this information. My D800, received on March 27, has an "E" series battery. Luckily, we live rather close to a Nikon Service Centre so I'll be driving there tomorrow to swap it out. Have been in contact with Nikon about this and the switch will be painless.

I don't know if I would have come across this info on my own, so once again, a big thank you to everyone on this forum.

Londongal

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow