ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
marty
Regular MemberPosts: 222
Like?
Shooting Video with the D800
Apr 27, 2012

Hi All

I’ve had my D800 for about 4 days and all I can say is WOW! what a camera . BUT if you are thinking this will replace even the cheapest HD camcorder for off the cuff video you will be disappointed.

I’m not saying it does not provide excellent video, it does. I’m just saying it was not made for it the way it stands. I come from years of video shooting so I speak with some experience. If you even think of using this for video you will need to

take a good size tripod, wireless mic, and pre edit in your head.... No auto zoom , No auto focus, Hand holding this camera for video ....just forget it . You will get the Blair Witch Project. With a good wide angle lens you may get some ok video . I sold a Canon XH-A1

that was just too big to take along with a DSLR but it was made to provide one thing, really excellent video ....That’s all .....Oh it did take still’s at 875K each...... Just wanted to give a head’s up to anyone thinking when they go on vacation you will come out with some awesome great videos . A good steadycam like a light weight Merlin may help but I have seen no feed back on this. Maybe someone who’s had some experience shooting video with a DSLR can give us their expertise

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow