Are the retailers with less than MSRP prices just clearing out Pentax stock?

Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
NotSteve
Regular MemberPosts: 184Gear list
Like?
Re: Are the retailers with less than MSRP prices just clearing out Pentax stock?
In reply to Brentliris, Apr 27, 2012

Hi Brent. FYI, prodigital2000 is an authorized Pentax dealer. They are based in Stratford, Ontario, Canada. Price increases don't seem to have come to Canada yet... That being said, I note you are in Denmark, so relatively speaking, perhaps that makes it grey market from a warranty perspective? I can say that because I am in Canada and bought from prodigital vs BH, I have a standard 2-yr warranty from Pentax Canada, vs Pentax Canada honouring just one year if I bought from the U.S. I don't think this is exactly grey market. I think in these times of overseas internet sales, free trade, etc., the definition of grey market may need to be reconsidered, if I haven't misunderstood you.

Brentliris wrote:

I would not worry about it! I bought the DA 100 WR from Pro digital 2000 they sell a ton of Pentax stuff. The lens came with a 7 year mac warranty, now almost two years on I'm better protected than if I had bought from an Authorized dealer.

Grey market has been carefully explained on a recent thread here on the forum.

B+H has some info on grey market gear.

I hope this helps.

Brent
--
Reflections, understandings, discoveries and intimations..

NotSteve's gear list:NotSteve's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-01
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow