Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aidan obsidian
Regular MemberPosts: 252
Like?
Rediscovering
Apr 27, 2012

I have been taking photos for little over a year now and have always found dilapidated buildings and rusting machinery fairly evocative, even if it is a common subject matter. I visited a location I found last summer and I couldn't believe how much more "I saw". I could have spent a whole day there, even at 3 hours and 300 photos there were many things I missed, more for next time! Earlier in the day I was visiting my parents and took the dog on a walk, a journey I've taken many times, but was able to find a couple of fresh perspectives too.

What really impressed me in this shots is the close focus bokeh @ 2.8, especially in growing! it looks like it was shot infront of a backdrop, when in reality it was the forest canopy, which can be notorious for chaotic bokeh.

All were shot with my sigma 28mm super-wide II, the only lens I brought with me...It's starting to become one of my favourites, extremely versatile, sharp, and focuses close

There's always something to discover, or rediscover : )

Oh ya, I've been going through a bit of a black and white phase lately. Sorry for so many images, but at least they're named!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow