E-M5 Bracketing Mode (Request to Olympus)

Started Apr 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gakuranman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,016
Like?
Re: I use...
In reply to daveco2, Apr 27, 2012

Not sure what a Hahnel is, but no, just plug the remote into the port and set the timer. Might need to be in manual/bulb mode though, I forget. Nothing too taxing.

daveco2 wrote:

Gakuranman wrote:

...this JJC TM-J remote. Well built and does time-lapse photography very well :).

http://www.jjc.cc/products_info.asp?id=68&cid=3&pid=1&s_series=all

MadsR wrote:

marcnmarc wrote:

What is this usb rf remote? Where do I get one for the om-d?

It is 3rd. party. I bought a Chinese one (Hong Kong) for $15 on fleabay, one part is a "normal" usb trigger (like Olympus one) but with an RF receiver the other part is an RF sender with programmable intervalometer etc.

As with many of these Chinese products, the build quality is bad, it is handle with care (you can crush it with your hands!) and there is no off button, so you take the batteries out, otherwise they last a few days in your bag... And the on/off button on the receiver is so feeble I change it with a small pen in order not to break it. Aside from that, it is wonderful, range about 50-60m outdoors with no problems, the intervalometer can do 100h in 1s intervals (or until your card is filled :D) or up to 100h delay... in 1s settings (so you can do 50 exposures of 3min 48s if that fits your fancy...)

I've been trying to get a remote trigger to fire with a Hahnel on an EM5. Is there anything special that needs to be set in the camera itself besides single shot, maybe something to tell the USB port to recognize an external trigger signal?

Dave

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow