ISO400 Low Light X-S1, HS30, and P510

Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
rhtK7
Regular MemberPosts: 133
Like?
Re: ISO400 Low Light X-S1, HS30, and P510
In reply to PAUL TILL, Apr 26, 2012

PAUL TILL wrote:

Sorry but if my X-S1 looked like that at ISO400 I would have got rid of it long ago.

Below your shot is one I just took in my dark front room, I had to give it +1EV and ISO800 just so you could see anything.

Also, uploading to the dpr gallery makes the pictures look worse as my image and I expect yours look a lot better viewed on our monitors at home.

Paul.

Paul,

I believe the amount of daylight you have is considerably more than the lighting in my family room where the test shots were taken. It was not purposely dimmed though for the pictures. It's just how we have it when not reading in the evening. Your picture is taken at 10 times the shutter speed, at a slightly smaller aperature. Certainly the higher ISO you used accounts for some of the difference. Noise is much less evident at higher ISO's when lighting is brighter. Also, my pictures are ~ 100% crops. Is your shot cropped? Mine all look considerably better without cropping.

Ron

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow