D4 + Adorama Updates?

Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ClaudioG
Regular MemberPosts: 110
Like?
Re: D4 + Adorama Updates?
In reply to osarda99, Apr 26, 2012

I placed the order with Bedford camera in AK. But there are other which have been mentioned in this forum
Excellent experience so far.
Hopefully they will not get flooded and will keep the excellent service up
--
Claudio

osarda99 wrote:

ClaudioG wrote:

osarda99 wrote:

ClaudioG wrote:

Just cancelled my order with Adorama. Called a few times but could never get a more specific answer than "dont hold me by that, but it is likely you may get your camera within a month". This was more than a month ago. I believe customer support reps have been purposefully instructed to remain as vague as possible They would not tell you where you are on the pre-order list nor how many units a week they are receiving.

I believe this is because if you knew you were 5000th on the list with only 2 cameras delivered a week you would just cancel your order and look elsewhere.

I placed an online order with a smaller camera shop. They had no problems disclosing where did I stand on the pre-order list or to disclose how many cameras they where getting a week.

My waiting time was a little longer than 2 weeks and it looks like the new d4 will be shipping tomorrow.

I was very impressed by their customer services. Great communication. They called me to keep me informed along the way about this order.

So far big retailers such as b&h or adorama have always been my preference. With this d4 ordeal, I realized there are many smaller store who are willing to go the extra mile to deserve your business and from now on I am definitely willing to strongly consider them in my choices.
--
Claudio

I think I am going to wait a bit more until early May. If Adorama doesn't come through then... then yes... I will be going on the hunt for a D4 with small cam shops. Got nothing to loose except the extra tax amount which I was trying to avoid via online.... With the price of the D4, it's enough to save for a TCIII converter or a cheap lens. I am quite sure this is the very reason as to why many can find the D4 in small mom & pop cam shops... People are not willing to pay the high tax amount on such a valuable item.

Good luck to you and happy shooting with the D4. Hope I am not too far behind in getting mine...

It was a store from out of state so the tax situation was the same as Adorama. Also free shipping, however they charged my card at the time I placed the order.
--
Claudio

Thx Claudio for the info again. Any chance you could divulge to us frustrated D4 pre-order buyers what cam shop you used out of state with free shipping and no added tax? I live in Cali FYI.

-- hide signature --

Claudio

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow