Taking the XZ-1 to Colombia!

Started Apr 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Nicolas Isaksson
Contributing MemberPosts: 861Gear list
Like?
Re: Taking the XZ-1 to Colombia!
In reply to Isacas, Apr 26, 2012

Hey,, good luck with your trip. I know you will love our country, it is beautiful and filled with surprises that will stimulate your senses. Food is great and so are the parties.

I do however second Isacas comments, please be careful. You don't need to be paranoid at all, just be sensible and always keep in mind were you are. Colombia has a way to make you forget just how bad things can get without a second notice.

I humbly suggest you follow these simple tips:

1. Don't catch a taxi in the streets of Bogotá. If you have to get a cab call it or walk.

2. Be fast in your actions. Don't spend 10 mins in one spot trying to get the perfect photo. Spray and pray is a better technique here.

3. Keep your equipment concealed. Only take it out to for the picture and put it back in your pocket. If you don't need it don't walk around with the backpack and the ipad. Don't go walking with the camera in your hand. The less you look like a "gringo" the safer you'll be.

4. Avoid night photography. If you plan to do this try to get some company.

5. Beware of deals to good to be true. They usually are just that and you'll end up tied to a bed under heavy sedation.

6. If you want to have a good time go to the Atlantic coast. Cartagena, San Andrés, Santa Marta.....great places.

Nicolas Isaksson's gear list:Nicolas Isaksson's gear list
Olympus E-600 Pentax Q
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow