OMD now on DPreview's studio scene comparison

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,085Gear list
Like?
Re: OMD now on DPreview's studio scene comparison
In reply to Timur Born, Apr 26, 2012

Timur Born wrote:

I just gave this another thought. DPR exposed the E-M5 2/3 longer vs. the GH2 while light level of the studio seemed to be about 0.8x EV lower for the E-M5.

Not sure how you arrive at the difference in studio light level. I have my own about how that might perhaps be deduced but let me hear what you say first so I don't need to take the trouble explaining things you have already realized.

Does this not mean that the E-M5 did not get that much of a disadvantage as far as light exposure is concerned, but rather mostly suffered from the analog gain difference which had to be compensated digitally?

In what sense do you think the E-M5 "suffered" from the analog gain difference? If two cameras are shot so as to be given the same amount of light at the same ISO setting, in what way would the comparison be unfair or the one camera "suffer"?

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow