Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bowportes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,397Gear list
Like?
Olympus inferior quality...
Apr 26, 2012

Not really. I just knew the inferior quality comment would bring people to the thread.

What I really want to note is my happiness with the Oly 45mm lens. It resolves amazingly and blurs background as well as touted. I wasn't able to upload this image to dpreview for some reason, so visit this link -- http://www.flickr.com/photos/bowport/6970038992/sizes/o/in/photostream/

to see the kind of detail this lens preserves at f1.8 even after the number of pixels is reduced by half. The photo also demonstrates a problem I have noticed. The trees at the top, admittedly in difficult light, have a fair bit of chromatic aberration which I couldn't eliminate using the CA tool in LR4, nor through Silkypix's CA adjustments. I've seen this on several other photos too. Typically when tree branches or something equally fine are crossing something very bright, such as a white building, etc. But for that, I think the lens is absolutely amazing!

bowportes's gear list:bowportes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow