Fred Miranda comparison confirms DXO results. 5D III blown away.

Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
stephenmelvin
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,547
Like?
Wow
In reply to carlk, Apr 26, 2012

carlk wrote:

David Hull wrote:

Better advice for the OP would be to take inventory of his shooting scenarios, determine what ISO ranges he needs and whether he will gain any advantage from the DR. The resolution is another story, depending (again) on his subject matter, the extra cropping might come in handy.

It's not even necessary. This high ISO stuff is way overrated. Every self respecting photographers know you should shoot the lowest ISO possible if ultimate IQ is your priority.

That may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted here on DP Review. Really? Do you really believe this?

It's not like best focal length or aperture that you can have individual preference. Shoot the lowest ISO by any means possible with tripod, monopod, flash, external lighting, IS lens, fast lens before you even consider change ISO in situation you can't avoid not to do that.

I take it you only photograph immovable objects such as buildings, and that you avoid things such as "the sky" in your photographs.

Somehow I think nature photography is where you can avoid to shoot ISO most the times. It's fine for some people to be happy about "usuable" ISO6400 they got but there are people who don't want just "usuable".

I did a fashion shoot at night last week. Had the ISO set at 10000 and 20000 for most of the shots. I was able to be highly mobile, hand holding the camera, and letting her move as she saw fit. The images look great. Not "usable." Great.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
nopeNew
WowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow