Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
CUSIN BRUCIE
Senior MemberPosts: 1,760Gear list
Like?
Re: It's probably preinstalled, or use Thunderbird
In reply to Jim Cockfield, Apr 26, 2012

Jim Cockfield wrote:

CUSIN BRUCIE wrote:

What about setting it to receive emails in HTML so that if there is any graphics I can see it or right click to download the graphics like I do in outlook?

Go through the options available.

For example, if you look under View> Message Body As, you'll see a check box to view the messages as "Original HTML". It should have defaulted that way already.

Yes that is chosen by default

As for in message graphics, make sure View> Display Inline Attachments is checked (and again, I think it should have defaulted that way).

Yes that is also checked by default.

It's just like when I gen an email from Newegg about different sales, the graphics don't show in the email unless I right click on one of the items and then it shows and when I close the email I have the choice of saving the graphics or not. I just got an email from Broderbund and if I change to simple HTML or plane text it does change, but it still doesn't have the pictures of products, etc., like it did in Outlook.

As for automatically displaying some content, you'll get a warning about it where you can either allow or deny it on a case by case basis (for example, clicking on a button to "always display remote content" from the user sending it, or just clicking on a button to "show remote content" for that message only when viewing a specific e-mail.

That's to help prevent loading content that could compromise your system (because it could be malware).

-- hide signature --

JimC
------

-- hide signature --

http://www.workfromhome.ownanewbusiness.com

My Daughter's Abstract Art/Photo Site, Please have a look: http://lipping.myexpose.com/gallery/

CUSIN BRUCIE's gear list:CUSIN BRUCIE's gear list
Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow