Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Blue Swan Media
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
EM-5 for professional wedding photography
Apr 26, 2012

I picked up a D700 off CL yesterday as a third camera for weddings (was supposed to be the XP1, but let's just say that's not going to work out). Anyway, my 102-pound wife and sometimes second shooter could barely lift it with a grip and 70-200 attached, which got us into a protracted discussion on evolution of mirrorless tech.

Anyway, would be curious to hear from anyone with an EM-5 who has experience with Nikon pro SLRs as to their thoughts on shooting a wedding PRIMARILY with an EM-5, i.e. we sell most of our Nikon stuff and get three of them plus a bunch of glass. Would this be professionally responsible to our clients? I've yet to handle the camera so I don't know about focus sped, handling, durability, etc. as they directly compare to say, a D700, in a wedding environment.

-- hide signature --

Nikon Stuff: D700 w/grip D7000 w/grip (x2)
24 1.4G 85 1.4G 60 2.8 Micro
35 1.8 70-200 2.8 VRII A bunch of stupid flashes
Other stuff:
Tokina 11-16 2.8 (Nikon) Sigma 50 1.4 (Nikon)
Fuji X-Pro 1 w/35mm 1.4

Blue Swan Media's gear list:Blue Swan Media's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +11 more
Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow