Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jj74e
Senior MemberPosts: 1,633
Like?
samsung losing its lens advantage?
Apr 26, 2012

prices are generally cheaper than other mirrorless cams right now, and the coverage/choices are good, and quality is great.

but it feels like they've been ignoring lenses for awhile now. only recently they started shipping the 60mm and 18-200mm, the 85mm's distribution is very spotty, and the 16-80mm that was supposed to come as well has gone completely off the map.

and now there haven't been any official announcements; the only thing we have is the lens map from awhile ago.

i hope samsung is still working aggressively on lenses behind the scenes somewhere...would love to see a cheap faster-than-2.0 lens next (preferably compact and around the 70mm mark, or if it's going to be around 55mm, make it pancake), a fast zoom, and a wide angle option somewhere at or below 14mm.

honestly, i don't get why companies aren't pushing lenses more in general. i feel like that's still a huge competitive advantage companies can take right now while every company, save for m4/3 to an extent, still lacks them. it'd be a great way to swing people into their ecosystem early while lens coverage is still sparse by most companeis.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow