Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
tkpenalty
Regular MemberPosts: 442
Like?
Re: NX20 (beta firmware) autofocus!
In reply to ET2, Apr 26, 2012

ET2 wrote:

jj74e wrote:

I still don't see your point. Pressing the button faster or panning faster does not make the camera focus any faster. It was a pretty objective test.

I don't accept your claim. The objective tests are done by objected sources, like IR and DPR, not by someone who is uploading Samsung videos for two years. He in fact tries to pan NX20 so fast that in one case he even missed the AF (moved the camera before even AF confirmation).

Sorry, show me object source -- which is the most important part of any test.

Have you ever used both cameras before? I have not found a NEX7 to autofocus faster than a NX200 in good light before, and only in low light conditions. (Noise on the NX200 becomes a problem for live view)

However sony potentially CAN improve their AF speeds to exceed Samsung's if they use a more efficient algorithm (one way hunting). Also face detection on a NEX7 works very well.

Reading reviews doesnt make you an authority in any sense, and I'm smelling so much confirmation bias its not funny.

But to put things in perspective, they both get obliterated by the micro four thirds (for obvious reasons; substantially smaller image circle).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow