Started Apr 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
3systermuser
Contributing MemberPosts: 972
Like?
Re: After using 5D III and Nikon D800
In reply to Shotcents, Apr 26, 2012

Shotcents wrote:

simon si sharp wrote:

Hi Guys I'm a Canon 1dkm4 shooter and last week I got to use the Nikon d800 for two hours for a photo shoot great camera I didn't have any problems with It Af
Check out the photos .
http://photographyauckland.wordpress.com/

I still love canon waiting for my 1dx

Some nice shots! I'd remove her shadow from the shots with the sun behind "Lady in Red" but that's me!

I also used both cams. My friend has been shooting both D800/5DIII for a couple of weeks and his view is that the AF on both is very close. Canon acquires a bit faster and Nikon tracks a bit better. Anyone having issues has poor technique or a bad unit.

agreed here , like your friend ,I used both too and I still have my D800E ,returned the D800 and the 5D3(I could not afford keeping all 3in my bag), I think some Nikon D800 has AF issue because the AF sensors (outer sensors) are not properly aligned.

but now, I am debating if I return my D800E for the D4 , I just found I was just curious or wanted the 36mp sensor and it is amazing at base ISO, but I dont need it or use it much.

it slows my lightroom 4 and CS6 down and I am always frustrated with it when I need to process over 100 D800E RAW files a day.

Robert

-- hide signature --

derek.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow