?how do I take two different photoshop images and put them into layers?

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
jjlad
Senior MemberPosts: 1,870Gear list
Like?
Re: ?how do I take two different photoshop images and put them into layers?
In reply to Vernon D Rainwater, Apr 26, 2012

In connection with this I've been shooting and retouching some photos of business locations. Some have unwanted vehicles, lamp post, powerlines, time sensitve banners etc that they want removed. The photos are complex enough that content aware fill hasn't worked well at all. Quite often I make a selection of what I want to cover a light pole with, copy that to its own layer then move and free transform it to replace the pole. When free transforming it sometimes gets stretched or warped and I always wondered if I'm creating a mathematical nightmare for the program. When satisfied with it I blend everything down to one layer, switch to 8 bits and create a full size jpeg that goes to the client. They've been getting 24x16's made from those and seem pleased so it seems to be working ..however I can't say I fully understand the dynamics involved.

I would have thought the stretching, warping etc. was changing the pixel density of the overlay layer and I don't understand why it blends in so well when all layers are merged.

It's almost like photoshop resamples and matches the pixel density as the layers are merged down ..which if that is the case ..is pretty impressive.
jj

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jjlad/sets/

jjlad's gear list:jjlad's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow