14, 17 or 20?

Started Apr 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
KwhyChang
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,157Gear list
Like?
Re: 14, 17 or 20?
In reply to mh2000, Apr 25, 2012

mh2000 wrote:

Hmmm... not going to try and claim the 17 is the best of the lot, but if you like the FL and aren't looking for f1.7 it makes a nice lens. One poster who owns all three says he uses the 17 more than his 20, in spite of the 20 being "the best" of the lot.

I go out shooting with my girlfriend alot and she uses a 20, me the 17. At the end of the day I'm not seeing her photos coming back decidedly better than mine. I prefer the wider perspective of the 17.

So just saying, shouldn't "definitely eliminate the 17."

I agree and I'm sure the 17 doesn't deserve the bad reputation it has gotten on this forum.

There's a great link that has only pictures taken with the Olympus 17mm f2.8:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/mzuiko17mm/

PSCL1 wrote:

The Panasonic 20 f1.7, used on EPL-1. It is a one-lens versatile solution, at night, for grab shots, and when you can 'zoom with your feet.' At any rate, definitely eliminate the 17 2.8, which reputedly is of poorer resolution than the other 2, is very close to the 20 in FOV, dimmer than the 20 by 1-1/2 stops, and is rumored to be up for replacement very soon.

-- hide signature --

Dave

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow