Canon Pixma Pro9000 mkII vs. Epson Artisan 1430

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
BenSones
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Re: Canon Pixma Pro9000 mkII vs. Epson Artisan 1430
In reply to Mark McCormick, Apr 25, 2012

Re: the Chromalife 100+ ink: I actually was looking at one printer that uses it. It's in their small format (8.5 x 11) photo printers in addition to their AIO printers, specifically the PIXMA iP4920. I've been kind of going back and forth on whether or not I really need a large format printer. I have one now, but I really do 99.9% of my printing on 8.5 x 11 media, and I suspect that I could get by with a smaller printer. Back when I got my R1800, Epson used to make small and large versions of their professional printers, using the same ink. Now it seems like you have to go large format if you want to get the high end inks, which is kind of a shame.

The main thing that worried me about the PIXMA iP4920 is that it's a three-color printer (CYM plus two blacks--a dye-based black and a pigment black, apparently), which makes me worry about its color gamut and dithering. While it's made ink purchases a lot more expensive, I do think that more colors has been generally beneficial to image quality in modern printers. But maybe the PIXMA iP4920 would be fine; I haven't really seen any ouput firsthand.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow