Lloyd Chambers sends back the Xpro 1

Started Apr 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
RealXenuis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,153Gear list
Like?
Re: Lloyd Chambers sends back the Xpro 1
In reply to harold1968, Apr 25, 2012

This is one of the reasons I enjoy it so much: my lack of enjoyment PP'g mass photos after a vacay etc. The less i have to tweak the better. It's become probably the single reason most responsible for me taking it everywhere and shooting at will.

harold1968 wrote:

I suspect people sending it back are doing so for other reasons, e.g. buyers remorse

Anyone who has seen the JPGs can survive on them almost indefinitely

I also do all my processing in lightroom, but I am surprisingly finding the jpgs to be quite editable in lightroom in my normal flow

Not to say I am not excited about lightroom RAW support

rgds

sgoldswo wrote:

I agree that other Camera brands get RAW support much quicker than the likes of Fuji and Sony. It took something like 3 months for RAW support for the NEX-7 to show up in Aperture, so this isn't unprecedented at all and is a very odd reason to return a camera. I agree that this seems like cutting off one's nose to spite your face, especially since adobe (and no doubt Apple) are working on RAW support (there are a number of statements about this on Adobe's website).

johncecilian wrote:

I read Lloyd Chambers this morning, who is pretty thorough about his testing and review of the latest cameras, but apparently was frustrated with the fuji xpro 1 and has given up on it...weird, that he says the photos aren't sharp since that has not been my experience. He seems more bothered with the lack of RAW support.

http://diglloyd.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow