Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andy Hastings
Regular MemberPosts: 141Gear list
Like?
EM-5 External Microphone Suggestions
Apr 25, 2012

This may seem like a dumb question but I am really looking for help here. Searched the forum and the internet and couldn't find anything. I know the SEMA-1 provides a mic jack to attach a third party microphone.

My experience with Sony camcorders is limited to on-camera mic attachments...with the EM-5's video capability looking so promiseing, I believe it will become my primary tool for video as well as photos.

Some have indicated that the on-camera microphone isn't that good and it seems any camera benefits from an external mic. However, I have no experience with off-camera microphones...I'm not sure how that would work....like if i am recording an informal video or a soccer game, or whatever...I need an "assistant" walking around with a mic?

Bottom line question - are there any external microphones that actually mount on the camera with the SEMA-1 unit already attached (besides the included Olympus mic)? It isn't clear to me that there is anyway to attach anything.

-- hide signature --

-Andy Hastings

Andy Hastings's gear list:Andy Hastings's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow