D800 HANG "What" SD cards are you using ?

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hawaii-geek
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,873Gear list
Like?
Agree on the CF being faster , but
In reply to BJN, Apr 25, 2012

Agree on the CF being faster , but
That may not be the case on what you own and are using on the D800

The pattern that seems to be comming from this is the people using slower cards regardless of type and how they config the two card slots , are NOT having a problem.

Even PROs using there old cards (even if it is cheap cards). (from the few I have asked).

For me I had to buy a new SD .. 64 gb ... because I did not have one.
My newer SD is slightly faster than my older CF Extreme PRO cards.

Have not read the artical yet ... I will ... After I finish a PP job I got to get out ... and probably should not be playing on this forum ... I just cannot look away LOL

Of course I got another job comming up ... and all I need is for a HANG to happen at the "wrong" time.
Right now , any kind of "moment" shot ... I am taking with the D700 at 8fps.
Which I would rather use the D800 ... but I cannot risk it.

because my back up body will always have a different lens on it. So, if it hangs and I have to flip. I will more than likely have the wrong FL on the camera.

Thank you,
HG

BJN wrote:

The specific cards in question aside, at Robgalbraith's card database, CF cards dominate the top ranks for write speeds.

There's also a note about a formatting bug that affects throughput, and a workaround. There's surely a firmware fix for this bug and perhaps other memory card compatibility issues down the road.

-- hide signature --

BJ Nicholls
SLC, UT

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow