OMD now on DPreview's studio scene comparison

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Timur Born
Senior MemberPosts: 3,894
Like?
Re: OMD now on DPreview's studio scene comparison
In reply to Anders W, Apr 25, 2012

Anders W wrote:

DPR does not even try to take into account the "ISO" differences you refer to (which do not really have anything to do with the ISO standard as defined by ISO itself). Based on Andy Westlake's description of DPR procedures, two different cameras should be given the same effective exposure (same amount of light on the sensor) when shooting the studio scene if they both conform to the ISO standard (as defined by ISO).

Yes, I know, which is why I wrote gain/amplification and put equivalent ISO numbers in brackets. But we also know that the gain difference between the GH2 and E-M5 is about 0.6 EV, which closely corresponds to the 2/3 EV shutter time difference. Doesn't really matter whether it was done deliberately or not by DPR. Thus any remaining differences in the raw files should be differences in studio light levels.

Considering that you calculated close to 1 EV less light exposure for the E-M5 the results of my comparison above are even better. The base ISO results (160 vs 200) look equivalent and the E-M5 still wins at high ISO. Too bad that DPR doesn't publish light levels (they just mention to measure it).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow