Ready mix 7D style

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Schwany
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,252Gear list
Like?
Maybe for a teenager
In reply to dt27348, Apr 25, 2012

dt27348 wrote:

When I see on this forum what the 7D is capable of I question some peoples obsession with acquiring the latest cameras. Is it because they produce better photographs or are they a status symbol or a combination of both these things?

Depends on the camera, what it will be used for, and the person behind the viewfinder. The old KM DSLR cameras are swell, but have limitations in some applications of photography.

In my case, I didn't buy newer equipment because of an obsession to have the latest greatest. I bought newer and higher end equipment because it made the kind of photography I enjoy easier and more pleasurable to pursue. I don't think I'm that unusual in that regard.

Are my images better because I bought newer equipment? A few of them are to me, and I'm my only audience. Mission accomplished.

I'm sure there are some obsessed individuals out there that really do want to have the latest greatest for no good reason other than to have it and point it out. I hope that is a small number though, cuz it sure would be a big waste of money.

Schwany's gear list:Schwany's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow