I really wanted to like the Fujifilm X-Pro1.

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
dotborg
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,279
Like?
Re: Can you live with the limitations?
In reply to SLOtographer, Apr 25, 2012

Honestly, no, I don't think that I could live with the limitations. What good is brilliant image quality if you're not able to capture the moment?

SLOtographer wrote:

I talked to someone I sat nearby on a plane ride, who had an XP1. He said that if you read the reviews AND can live with the limitations, it's a great camera. This fellow shoots landscapes, and he thought it was great. Images are wonderful, and he doesn't have to lug his DSLR kit.

His point is well taken. Read the review, decide if the limitations fit your style. That's true of any camera.

Camera comparisons are normal. When shopping for a camera, there are plenty of choices. What makes it hard for some is that they pick two cameras that are the same shape and then try to decide. Of course this is normal, but if we were rational, we'd figure out our needs and style and then pick suitable candidates. for example if you shoot kids or action, then the XP1 shouldn't be on your list. Maybe you can get it work, but there are better tools out there.

-- hide signature --

SLOtographer

"If we limit our vision to the real world, we will forever be fighting on the minus side of things, working only too make our photographs equal to what we see out there, but no better." -- Galen Rowell

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
nullNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow