Thinking about buying an SD15 for Portraits, Your thoughts please...

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dale44
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
Thinking about buying an SD15 for Portraits, Your thoughts please...
Apr 25, 2012

Hello all, I've been looking at the output from the Sigma SD15 and really like the imagines from this camera. I used to have a Pentax K20D but after using a friends Nikon D90, I fell for the fast, accurate auto focus system in that camera so I picked up a Nikon D90 myself and that is what I use now.

Well I've been looking and I just love the colors and sharpness that the Sigma SD15 produces. So I'm thinking about picking one up. My question is for owners of the SD15, I like taking available light portraits and using flash strobes for portraits. I also like to take outdoor street shots.

Does anyone use their SD15 in a studio environment? would it be good for that type of shooting? What about using it for available light? I'd like to just get some feedback on some of these questions.

I plan on keeping my Nikon D90. That way the areas that the Sigma SD15 doesn't work good in, I could use the D90 in it's place.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nikon D90 Pentax K20D Sigma SD15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow