Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nigel G
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?
Macro options for bugs and butterflies
Apr 25, 2012

I use an E30 with 12-60, 50-200 and an EC20 which covers most of my photographic needs but, like I suspect many others, was waiting for the Oly 100mm macro do the little things in life. Since that has now disappeared off the radar for good I would be grateful for thoughts or recommendations from anyone with a succesful recommendation.

I have tried both zooms with the EC20 and its surprising what you can achieve but neither a particularly handy solutions. I guess the options are either keeping a look out for a used Sigma 150mm f2.8 (or maybe the 100mm) or alternatively the Oly 50mm f2 with my existing EC20 - or adding an EC14 to the line up.

IQ matters, working range matters, flexibilty for other uses is of interest,

What do you think?

Nigel

Nigel G's gear list:Nigel G's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 35-100mm 1:2.0 +3 more
Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow