Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lsimon
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
Panasonic Lumix GF3 Shutter Lag
Apr 25, 2012

Below is a question posed by another member on the Panasonic forum. I'd love to hear some responses as I'm interested in the GF3 or upcoming GF5 but the question received no responses on the Panasonic forum. I'm particularly concerned about shutter lag in re taking pictures of kids and pets. I thought I'd post the questions here since this seems to be the place for info on the GF series cameras:

JavierDiaz4 wrote:

Re: Panasonic Lumix GF3 Shutter Lag
Hello there Dpreviewers,

I bought a GF3 for my wife when Target had them on sale for 399 around Xmas. Well, we have 2 gripes with the camera and would hate to just give up on the camera just like that as it may be an user issue.

1st, when we use the flash, we always see a shadow from the lense on the pictures. We work around it by holding the flush up to bounce off the ceiling, but that's not possible in all situations.

2nd, the shutter speed is so slow, if we take a picture it takes about 1/2 a second or so, I mean it literally goes click.....click. I have tried to use it in Shutter priority and it goes up to 160, tried using the Sports mode to no avail. It's useless with kids really.

Any body had these same issues?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow