Flat view
Trevor G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,112Gear list
Like?
Top Reviewer Says Silkypix Is A...
Apr 25, 2012

pretty good program.

Lets take Sean Reid's sentence, from his rolling X-Pro 1 review, in full:

"I should note, as I did a couple of years ago, that Silkypix is a pretty good RAW conversion program."

He makes it obvious in the article that he has taken the time to become familiar with it, even though he is waiting for an adobe product to come.

I should apologise to Sean now, because a week or so ago I lumped him in with the dpreview, dcresorce, luminous landscape and photozone folk (and there are others) who all deplore Silkypix because they simply won't take the 20 minutes that's needed to come to grips with the program.

That's all it took me, a non-university trained nincompoop from Australia, who not only can match Fuji OOC JPEGs with Silkypix RAW output, but can show improvements as well.

That's not to my credit, of course, but to Silkypix - they are the heroes who have produced an excellent, workable solution for Fuji RAW shooters, for those who will take the time to try it out properly.

Can't be bothered? That's OK, I don't mind. You are the one(s) missing out.

-- hide signature --

Cheers

Trevor G

Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow