Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PeterNMIF
Senior MemberPosts: 2,418Gear list
Like?
EM-5: very complicated camera with terrible user guide
Apr 25, 2012

Even though I was an owner of the E520 and E620 I find the EM-5 to be very complex. Unlike the GH2 which I spent an hour with going through all the menu items until I understood how they work, last night I spent 3 hours with the EM-5 and the online manual (would have really like a full printed manual!!) and still don't have things set up the way they should be.

This is frustrating, but at the same time it is nice to have lots of options. And once I get things straight I won't have to dive into the menus often. (Except for bracketing, Grrrr).

What I find is that sometimes it takes more than one setting to get a feature set up on the camera. For example, it is not enough to turn histogram on in the menu for the VF. It won't appear in the VF until you also play with a (as I recall) a combination of the INFO button and the monitor/VF toggle button.

Today's frustration will be to try to get it set up for magnification in AF mode. (I know how to use magnification in MF mode, its about the same as with the GH2). I followed the directions and set up one of the Fn buttons for magnification. However, that doesn't seem to be enough to turn it on. Grrr.

If anyone can help me with this magnification in AF set up, I'd be very thankful.

Peter F.

-- hide signature --
 PeterNMIF's gear list:PeterNMIF's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 NEX5R Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus E-M1 +1 more
Olympus E-520 Olympus E-620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow