ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chopro
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
To Canon regarding 5D Mark3 light leakage problem
Apr 25, 2012

Back to Canon’s choice, “Canon or not Canon”

Most of the 5D Mark3 buyers(same symtoms found in one of the best seller 5D Mark2 body) will prefer replacement to problem resolved body. Regarding the announcement from Canon Korea about the repairing plan(although they denied using the word ‘repair’, if they are correcting something that has problem it is obviously repairing not improving), they have to reconsider if it’s the best choice not from the early purchaser’s perspective but from Canon’s.

If Canon thinks they can fully recover the damage from other product lines, they will move on with the repairing plan but I still believe Canon is not a short-sighted Company (by simply calculating the amount of losses from replacing

) who ignores the faithful 5D series users who deepened and broadened the Canon Camera users group.

Also, I hope Canon stop making excuse that the light leakage problem does not seriously impact the photographing condition. Most of the users know that but the reason they are taking it seriously is because of the requirements for ‘perfection’ for complex camera body that are ready to being sold in the market. This is not a unreasonable debate such as asking why 600D body is fragile than 1D series body but how completely and faithfully Canon manufactured the body as they presented in the spec by the name of 5D Mark3 i.e. the basic promise between the manufacturer and consumer.

In fact, Canon should appreciate the users who found the problem as such power users are the ones who contributes to developing more improved and completed cameras continuously.

I would like to re-emphasize that the point is not about the impact to the users or the seriousness of the problem but the completeness of the product that was being sold. I hope Canon stops weighing the cost and profit impact between ‘early buyers with defected bodies’ and ‘upcoming buyers with problem resolved bodies’ but come back to basic market principle – high-end finished product which suffice faithful consumers who then will lead to broader general consumers and ultimately promises the sustainable gain to the company.

• From Korean Canon user since 5D to 5D Mark3

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow