v1, from an M9 owner perspective

Started Apr 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
magneto shot
Senior MemberPosts: 1,153Gear list
Like?
Re: From one extreme to the other...
In reply to trunker, Apr 25, 2012

trunker wrote:

same question as Paul, if the M9 works and since its relatively compact, then why bother with a V1?

if its a backup thing then a dumb adapter, a light meter and some old glass will get you bokeh in the bucket loads for quite cheap. You're shooting models after all so superduper AF isnt really required unlike some of the people here who shoot kids, sports, street or wildlife.

and i'd have to disagree, miss hepburn there would a webcam pic look great haha

not sure if u and paul actually read what i wrote... pet + model, shooting a moving pet is not exactly something i enjoy doing with the m9. The other reason is probably self challenged, i have had many msgs about how good the m9 is, rarely gets credit for my effort. It would be good if nobody can differentiate my work when its shot with m9 or v1, right now the shallow dof + bokeh is a giveaway and without a wider fast primes, i cant do low angle shots, a must in making the asian females appearing taller than they are.

@Pineapple

yup i mix the usage of the words shallow dof and bokeh. sorry if its confusing, i refer to the combination visual elements of "blur" in shallow dof and the bokeh light whenever i say "bokeh".

magneto shot's gear list:magneto shot's gear list
Leica X Vario Sigma SD15 Leica M9 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Nikon D4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow