I think I know why B&H is not shipping my D800

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
arbitrage
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Re: I think I know why B&H is not shipping my D800
In reply to Robert Cohen, Apr 25, 2012

Actually, NPS orders even through BH are filled by Nikon and sent directly to the customer by Nikon. NPS stock is not part of B&H's normal stock for Nikon cameras.

Even if you ordered the first possible day, you could easily be 100th or greater in line. For the 5D3 B&H was quoted to have over 10,000 perorders at the time of the camera's release date. 100s of people, maybe even thousands (me included) had to cancel and managed to find the camera at other stores. The 5D3 stock was much better than the D800 stock is turning out to be and it was still hard to get one.

Basically, it may be true that NPS is taking up the majority of Nikon's shipments but it is Nikon's decision and nothing to do with B&H's normal ordering system. However, every time another NPS member wants the camera or maybe even a second or third one, they probably do pull those out of the general pool from Nikon Japan.

arbitrage's gear list:arbitrage's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow