For Merrie Englanders - have a

Started Apr 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Phil Loughran
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,407
Like?
Re: For Merrie Englanders - have a
In reply to Tom Arto, Apr 25, 2012

Coming from the UK, but on holiday in Thailand this week...I was trying to remember who actually celebrates this day...it seems to pass me by, and others around me, then sometimes to just drag-on! I guess the symbolism of these days tend to get hijacked by the far right nationalists and flag wavers....Another day which will be coming up again soon for the Queens Diamond Jubilee.

Weird...I support having a Royal family...leaning towards being a royalist, but also a parliamentarian...probably because in the world today I don't see corporations providing us with parks and protected spaces, they would build on them for profit, or like the shopping Mall's and walks along the River Thames, forbid us to take photos in these privatised public spaces (area around the London Eye by the Thames is privately owned, and I've been asked not to take photos there with professional cameras!! It looks like public space but isn't, and security ask you not to!)...having said that....without Cromwell, we wouldn't have been able to enjoy the royal parks and gardens probably!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow