LCD light leak: ANYONE experienced problems outdoors?

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FranklinSq
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
LCD light leak: ANYONE experienced problems outdoors?
Apr 25, 2012

I placed my 5Diii order on Amazon the moment it was possible to do so, and got my camera a little less than a month ago. Now I am approaching the end of the 30-day grace/return period, and I need to settle this light leak issue once and for all. Please help. I have NOT had ANY trouble with light leaks while taking pictures indoors. But I haven't had a chance to experiment properly outdoors, particularly in sunlight.

Many people keep saying that they don't intend to use the LCD light in the dark and therefore they will not be affected by this problem. What I don't understand is why these same people are not concerned about sunlight creeping through the LCD; sunlight is orders of magnitude more powerful than the puny LCD light, and this is the only thing that worries me. If ANYONE has experimented with this and found that in REALISTIC situations (i.e., with the lens cap off the exposure is/isn't altered by the light leak, I'd be grateful to hear about it.

I'd looove to keep this camera, and don't want to go to the back of the line to wait for a replacement that may or may not arrive two months from now.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow