Give them ALL the photos from shoot??

Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Robert Hoy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,568
Like?
Re: Give them ALL the photos from shoot??
In reply to Sethboy, Apr 25, 2012

Sethboy wrote:

I just shot some stuff for the store I work at - a free event to celebrate the store's birthday - not paid for it, just doing it as part of the day's event.

My question is towards the bottom of this post.

I was just doing a very rough edit on the pictures (deleting the really bad ones) (with the GM standing over my should WHICH IS SO ANNOYING but anyway...) She asked me "oh, send me all of them so we can use them in the store"

ALL of them?

Normally I will edit them and provide the best ones (a dozen or so edited, cropped, color, etc) which they will basically use on the store Facebook page nothing else.

My question is: should I turn over the entire shoot's worth of pictures?

I'm not worrying about legal issues or anything financial... I'm just curious what other people think - how much should I give them? Every single frame I shot? The rough edit minus the obviously bad ones?

(Not to mention I think she wants me to email them to her - she's pretty computer-illiterate - which considering 2 gigs worth of files is not gonna happen!!)

2 GBs? I'm presuming these are RAW files? She probably has little use for RAWs, go with JPG, as TIFF would be overkill.

Thanks!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow