Beautiful Birds of Florida Wetlands (lots of imgs)

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,100Gear list
Like?
Beautiful Birds of Florida Wetlands (lots of imgs)
Apr 25, 2012

Brought the NEX-5N and SEL55-210mm along to back up my A580 on Sunday, and had a nice break in the weekend rain to shoot some birds in the wetlands - I took a break from the A580 for a while and shot with just the NEX, as some of the birds were letting me get close enough to not need the big lens. So here are some of the wetlands shots I got with the NEX-5N:

Double-crested cormorant, sitting comfortably on the rail and not moving for me:

As I got closer, all he did was glance at me and croak:

Tricolor heron, getting his mating colors on:

I noticed this green heron on the prowl, and saw some movement in the duckweed below, so I knew he was tracking something:

Sure enough, he stabbed down and came up with a large growing tadpole:

And down it goes:

Want to see how crowded Florida wetlands can get, try to count how many anhingas you see in this small clump of trees:

A great egret launching out over the boardwalk:

A baby green heron, with the white fluff still stuck to his head, hides down under the rushes in the shade - needed ISO1600 to get him down there!:

A great blue heron taking off into the backlight:

A least tern, small against the late afternoon sky, looking for a stirring fish below:

A green heron mother sitting on a high tree branch, near her nest:

Comments, questions, critique always welcome...hope you enjoyed a bit of my Sunday in the Swamp!

-- hide signature --
 zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow