An intro and first XP1 pics

Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Birddogman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,108Gear list
Like?
Re: An intro and first XP1 pics
In reply to Birddogman, Apr 24, 2012

Part Two:

Please don't be jealous of my life - I put in 40 years at the grindstone to be able to do the things I do - and about a year ago my wife had a massive stroke and is now severely handicapped. She needs 100% 24/7 care, which I provide, so my freedom came to a screeching halt. I can only leave her when I have a nurse come to care for her. Needless to say, the motorhome hasn't gone anywhere in a year. So, the dogs and I were pretty much limited to the local area in the past year - but that's not all bad. I come from an old PA Dutch farming family and we have access to the beautiful family farms down in the valley, where some member of my family has farmed since the 1750's:

Instead of having the vast palette of the west available to camp, hunt and photograph, with seemingly unlimited exciting, beautiful things, like this:

I'm now forced to pay more attention to my limited surroundings - the places and things I've lived with for my whole life. Being limited probably helps me to SEE what I've been looking at for many years, but have never really SEEN, like this 18th Century Pa Dutch graveyard that I've hunted past 100 times, but never before tried to photograph:

Hopefully the new XP1 will help me SEE things I've seen 100 times, but never really SEEN. Also, I'm finding it does slow me down (in a good way) and force me to pay attention to what I'm trying to achieve and how best to get there.

Here are a couple XP1 shots from today. A restored settler's house. There are lots of these around here. They were small cabins built to house the family until the land could be cleared and a larger farm house could be built.

A flag made out of corregated metal roofing material on an old spring house/cold cellar door:

One of the falls on the little brook on my place taken during a dog run. It is thundering because of all the rain we've had recently:

Thanks again for the welcome!

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow