DxO Admits Flaw(s) in Testing Methods?

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
mforbes
Regular MemberPosts: 378Gear list
Like?
Re: Lensrentals.com DOES do formal tests on multiple samples
In reply to Wayne Larmon, Apr 24, 2012

I'm kind of confused, so you have spent a good portion of your short and precious life defending a piece of metal, plastic, and glass in the form of a camera lens so you can...do what? Here's where I am losing you, there must be some reason for this atypical behavior, I just can't figure out what it is. Did you design the lens for Canon and are worried a web review will cost you your career? Did you personally purchase a few thousand of the 70-200 II lenses as a resale investment and feel the DXO findings will deflate the prices? Do you sell multi million dollar optical testing equipment and DXO purchased your competitor's system and you are using this as a forum to bash their equipment as inferior to yours?

A colleague and I were discussing this and he stated that his opinion was that in certain delusional behavior an individual may try to associate an irrelevant and unassociated event as to either lend credence to or dismiss another event, say if some really unstable individual thought a, oh I don't know, let's just use a photography analogy since this is a photo forum, that a review on a lens would somehow taint or flaw a review on a camera body, or a tripod, or a camera strap. And someone that far gone wouldn't have access to a keyboard, so I'm guessing you designed the newer Canon 70-200?

mforbes's gear list:mforbes's gear list
Canon PowerShot A720 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Nikon D3 Nikon D700 +35 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow