Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Abaldman11
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
50D image quality
Apr 24, 2012

Has anyone else been less than satisfied with their 50D image quality? When I first got mine I thought the images were good but not as sharp as they could be. I then learned about the microfocus adjust and became only slightly more satisfied. Then things went down hill and my images went soft. So I sent my camera in for the factory to look at it. It came back and I went through re-calibrating all of my lenses again. Well two years later it has happened again. This time in the middle of a major architecture shoot. I got home, downloaded the images and walla soft focus. Very upsetting to me and my client. Fortunately these were going to be nothing more than small images on a website and I was able to sharpen them a bit in PS. But I couldn't imagine if these were going to go to print. I'd never let them out this way for print and I would be forced to reshoot the house. I have since sent my camera back for the factory to look at, again, and got nailed for $238 for them to fix the problem with no guarantee that it won't happen again. Believe me I'm looking forward to re-calibrating all of my lenses AGAIN too.

To add insult to injury, I figured it would be worth a try to talk to someone at Canon and see if there was anyway to get them to waive or reduce the fee. HA. Right. The rep on phone basically told me that there was nothing they could do. The camera was out of warranty and that their warranty on repairs was only 6 months. Then he proceeded to tell me that if I'm a professional that I should sell the 50D and move up to a 1DS series camera. Yeah right. I wish I could but I can't justify shelling out that kind of coin right now. Business is good, but not that good.
--
Jim Albert
Full Frame Fotography
fffimages@yahoo.com

Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow