Nikon 1 series flawed for kids sport????

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tianium
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,230
Like?
Re: A big FAIL Nikon
In reply to Den Lim, Apr 24, 2012

Den Lim wrote:

conversely, it might have an af so fast, there is no need for a sports mode. can anyone confirm?

Focus speed is not the issue. Shutterspeed is the issue.

In full Auto mode the shutterspeed will drop to speeds too slow for sports action (blurred subjects) if not enough light. eg overcast day.

What I am saying is that Nikon has supposedly made a camera that is meant to be fully automatic and very easy to use for anyone moving up from a P&S. Shutter priority mode is buried in the menu (so there for experience photogs but maybe a bit slow to get to since no dirrect access).

For the P&S upgrader (soccer mums/dads, the supposed target market...) there is no Sports mode to tell the camera to keep those shutterspeeds up.

Even my D90 has a sports mode and my wife knows that if shes using it at the school sports she needs to take it out of auto and turn the dial to sports.

What would she do with a J1.

"oh honey just go into the menu..change it to S mode... choose an appropriate shutterspeed.. adjust the ISO or set auto ISO so it will work...and you're ready to go"

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Darin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow