Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LaszloBencze
Regular MemberPosts: 389
Like?
What's so special about the 5D MK III
Apr 24, 2012

To be honest, I don't notice any difference in image quality between the MK II and MK III at the ISOs that I normally shoot. But then I was more than satisfied by the MK II. So to say there's no difference is hardly a criticism. Besides this is simply my casual, subjective opinion.

However, at very high ISOs there is a difference. 6400 is now actually usable. I wouldn't be afraid to use it on paid assignments.

Here is a set of pictures taken at a small local rock concert. 6400 for all shots. 70 - 200 f 4.0 IS lens at f4.0. I think they're reasonably good pictures but nothing special. The degree of "grain" is roughly equivalent to what we used to get with Tri- X in the olden days (six years ago).

Frankly it amazes me that I can get results this good at such a high ISO. It's like science fiction.

Beyond this, all I can say is that the MK III is a very congenial camera that makes me feel good every time I use it.

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow