Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mache1966
Regular MemberPosts: 179
Like?
Blackrapid RS-7 Questions
Apr 24, 2012

Hi I've been looking at the RS-7 to use with Canon 50D and 400 f5.6 lens. While I am confident with all the user reports of the strap I have a question on which shoulder to place the strap over. BR state to wear over the left shoulder so camera on RHS of body. However my preference (and this is using the normal neck strap over shoulder which doesn't slide well hence looking at BR) is to have the strap over my right shoulder with camera on left of body. The reason being is that when walking through woods and scrambling up banks etc is that I prefer to steady the camera with my left hand (also prevent banging into trees, wall tops etc) while using my right hand for assitance in climbing and pushing branchs etc out of the way.

So question to any users using this strap is how is the operation if using it in the reverse manner to how it is recommended to be used. My concern is if strap adjusters would stop a free movement on camera lift.

Hope that makes sense in what I am trying to describe.

Also wanted to ask if anyone using a manfrotto RC2 mounting plate uses the BR system clipped directly to the D ring on the manfrotto plate. I see the BR offer a replacement screw with D ring, but is the standard manfrotto upto the job ??

Thanks
Martin.

Canon EOS 50D Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow