D800 HANG "What" SD cards are you using ?

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hawaii-geek
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,909Gear list
Like?
D800 HANG "What" SD cards are you using ?
Apr 24, 2012
  • Anyone that is experiancing a FREEZE on the Hourglass with the D800 what SD cards are you using???

I am using : SanDisk Extreme PRO 64gb SD XC 1 cards.

and it seems , at the moment I cannot repeat it. BUT, it does happen anytime I am shooting over 100 shots , at some point it will happen.

Use the SD as my primary and the CF as back up.

BUT, I have turned OFF the CF slot ... and only run with my larger SD 64gb. and at some point I know I will get a HANG.

So, is it the Card ?

HAS Anyone determined Exactly HOW/WHEN the Hang happens , and is it Repeatable???

Just got off a On-Line Chat with SanDisk ... and they recomended that I exchange it with B&H.

• BUT, is it "really" the SD card , and will another SD Extreme PRO card solve the issue? ... and yes, I want a Fast write, at least as fast as 90mb/s. and at least 64gb.

I only have the one SD ... have a ton of CF cards lol

The PROBLEM is , I do not know when it will happen. And it normally is after 100 to 200 shots ... which you need a big SD card to test this , on another card.

Thank you,
HG

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R +18 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow